Friday, April 10, 2009
Singapore day 1
The second outing was a success. Easily found Little India which is quite close to where I'm staying. Found a great place for lunch (thanks lonely planet) that serves only vegie food and had a good walk around. I'm still not used to the heat and some time in the park reading a book and listening to my ipod and trying not to melt away. Went for what I thought was going to be a small walk in the evening to find somewhere for dinner and ended up walking into the city (in thongs - bad mistake) and seeing the Merlion (Lion head and upper body on the tail of merperson). The architecture is varied - massive hotels "colonial" style backdropped against massive skyscrapers. I don't think they have heard of the global economic crisis yet as there were still several skyscrapers in the midst of being built. Had dinner in a hawker centre and then a beer in a little bar (which played the beatles) to celebrate my birthday. Now all I have to do is decide on what I want to do today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy belated bday Mary *hugs and kisses*
ReplyDeleteoh yeah stay safe when in bangkok ok.